Friday, March 21, 2014

Spicing it up

I've been on the lookout for a good source of spice mixes that don't have any added starch.  (Most of the ones you can find at the grocery do contain a bit of a starch powder to prevent clumping).  I stumbled onto The Kitchen Imp's shop at Etsy.

She has some lovely mixes of various herbs and seasoning salt, curries and even some teas.  I picked up an Herbes de Provence, as well as a curry-spice taster set, and an herby sage-rosemary seasoning/rub.  The spices all come packed in cute little metal tins, and Melissa included a generous baker's half-dozen of recipe cards to use with the spices.


Last night for dinner, I used the Herbes de Provence sea salt and the Sage/Rosemary seasoning on some boneless chicken thighs and veggies I sauted and wow! These were fantastically good.  The herbs were nice and fresh and the mixes were balanced to give a lovely blended taste of the herbs with just enough salt to make it pop.

I'm anxious to give the curry mixes a try as well.  Melissa has great customer service.  Everything is made to order, so it's nice and fresh, and she ships out quickly.  She'll also take custom orders as well. No affliation with the store on my part, just a two-thumbs-up recommendation if you are looking for a great resource online for cooking spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...