Tuesday, April 8, 2014

10 on Tuesday: 10 Foods That Belong Together

This week's 10 on Tuesday topic is: 10 Foods That Belong Together.

1.  Chocolate and peanut butter.  A classic.
2.  Strawberries and champagne.  (Is champagne a food?  I guess I think so since I'm putting it in the category because really, how perfect is that pairing?)
3.  Blue cheese and pears.  Nice, ripe pears are great thrown into a spinach salad with a little bit of blue cheese and walnuts.  Yum!
4.  Pulled pork BBQ and coleslaw.
5.  Guacamole and salted, crispy corn tortillas.
6.  Steamed spiced shrimp with corn on the cob.
7.  PB&J.  I lived on that when I was a kid.  I still get a hankering for a PB&J sandwich every so often.
8.  Chocolate chip cookies and ice-cold milk.
9.  Bagels and cream cheese.  Although I do also like a bit of preserves on top of the cream cheese too.  Not mandatory tho!
10.  Beer and pizza.  And I'm not even that interested in beer, but a cold one with a hot slice of pizza tastes awfully good!

Gee - an awful lot of carbs in that list.  I think I'm off most of what I think of as "perfect pairings" except for an occasional #2 and #3!

5 comments:

  1. Funny how many of us are off carb-heavy foods! Pulled port and slaw...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...should say, pulled PORK :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pulled pork and coleslaw...yum. And the chocolate and peanut butter, the best!
    Great list today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, OREOS + Milk, too! Great list. I'm so glad I waited until after lunch to tour the Ten on Tuesday blog list this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad we weren't asked for low carb foods, but then all veggies and fruits go together.

    ReplyDelete

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...