Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekending: 04/13/2014

The dog girls and Emma and I had a quiet weekend at home together.  D was away having a weekend watching motorcycle racing with some friends, so I took the opportunity to get some chores done (admittedly not my favorite part of the weekend) as well as some knitting.

I caught up on a few BBC things I'd been wanting to watch.  I tried out the series Wallander with Kenneth Branaugh, who I'm a fan of.  Interestingly filmed and definitely well-acted, but I'm not sure if the level of bleakness is something I could watch in a whole batch.  (It's a detective/murder mystery series, set in Sweden.)

I also got a TON of pattern writing done.  Several more things off to the TE for review, and I did some final tidying-up of a couple of the patterns for deadline #1 for The Book.   I cast on for the first project of part 2, and I'm down to just a couple of rows on the neckband and some darning in of ends for my Jane Austen Knits project.

And, I'm happy to announce, a brand-new pattern of mine is out in the Spring/Summer Twist Collective - Belleville.  I have been a fan of TC's design vibe for quite a while, so I was really delighted when they accepted this pretty lace cardigan for publication for this issue.  I knit it in something like 4 days while D drove us back and forth to the fiber festival in Boerne, Texas in November!


My favorite part is the floral vine and ironwork inspired lace back panel!



3 comments:

  1. My favorite sweater in Twist is Belleville, Anne! Congratulations on a beautiful design and for being part of one of the best knitting magazines around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos Anne! Yet another fantastic design. Love the floral lace and ironwork detailing!

    ReplyDelete

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...