Sunday, June 15, 2014

Weekending: 06/15/2014

D and I had a really nice relaxing weekend.  We tried out a few new grill recipes.  He took a long bike ride and got his new GPS system for the bike installed and made sure it was all in good shape for another big ride this week.

I did (not surprisingly) a lot of knitting.  I finished up a small shawl which will debut first of the new year, once it goes thru the tech editing and test knitter process.  I also got most of a sleeve knit for the next sweater I'm tackling for The Book.  My plan is to start the body of the sweater tonight after work.  In conjunction with the knitting, a lot of which was stockinette and/or ribbing, I finished up Woodsburner, and I'll have a post on that later this week.  I'm trying to decide what to start as my next read.  I have Wolf Hall in print that my folks sent along (as well as Bring up the Bodies), but I also have a Jane Austen mystery to read, which sounds a little lighter on the brain cells.

Finally, I took a bit of time yesterday to work on another quilt square in the small quilt I've been picking up in my spare time.  This is block 3A (there are two block 3s) for that quilt.



I finished the machine piecing portion of it - it still needs stems and leaves appliqued on, so that's next on the to-do list for this project.  I also cut the pieces for the matching block and I'll get those sewn together when I've got another bit of spare time, hopefully in the next week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...