Sunday, August 10, 2014

Weekending

A little of this, a little of that this weekend.

I spent a lot of time in my studio getting ready for my September fiber shows in Salida, Colorado, and ABQ, plus working on a wholesale order.  I have a ways to go, but I did get most of the wholesale order dyed (waiting to be reskeined) and finished up a couple of the yarn bases I want to take to Salida.

I did a bit of "for fun" knitting on another pair of donation socks, but I also took several hours and enjoyed working on the anniversary quilt.  I have finished up block four, which is a cute little snowman and bird applique, and then pieced "snowballs" to frame it.  I have started block five, which is all applique, and I hope to get a bit of time to work on that this upcoming week one night.


I also played around with my machine a bit.  In the past, I've had very basic, sturdy, sew a ton of miles on kind of machines, but the new one I upgraded to a year or so ago has a bunch of decorative stitches, so I tried some of those out, and found one that looks a bit like a blanket stitch to use on the next little mini wall-hanging I'm working on (that is made with fusible applique).  It's quite fun and I can see myself using several of these to jazz up these smaller wall-hangings I want to make at some point.

Otherwise, I finished up the final sample (still have pattern grading to do) for The Book yesterday, and started on my next project, which is for Twist Collective's Winter 2014 collection.  Fun!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute wall hanging! Now I want to get my machine out :)

    ReplyDelete

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...