Wednesday, August 13, 2014

WIP Wednesday/Stashbusting

The good thing about organizing one's stash is that you can see all the lovely things you have to work with. The bad thing is that now I want to knit/spin All.The.Pretty.Things.  NOW.

This week, I finished up the final sample I'm personally knitting for The Book, and the day that was done, the yarn for the Twist Collective project I'm working on next arrived.  So that's my main focus of knit-time right now, but in the odd spare moments I've got for personal knitting.....

I cast on for the Mystic Star shawl using stash yarn.  I decided to grab a skein of laceweight first, although for no apparent reason, and the skein I'm using has a nice amount of yardage (1300 yards), in a pretty turquoise color - "Glacier" from Squoosh.


Not a whole lot to see here at this point, although I've knit the first chart and am just over halfway thru the second.  This one will be an extremely slow knit, but I'm enjoying it so far.

I also, in my travels thru stash bins, found a pair of handspun socks, which I started with only the toe finished.  So I hauled those out as a UFO that realistically could and should get finished up.  I've knit the foot of one, turned the heel and am a few inches into the leg.  Pics on that next week when I'm a bit further along, I think.

Finally, I have also been doing a bit of spinning.  I grabbed one of the older braids in stash (although probably not the oldest - Yikes!) from 2008 or 2009, from Funky Carolina (sadly now out of business - I loved Carrie's colorways).  This is "Real Lady" on a superwash merino/tencel blend, spun up into a 2-ply fingering weight skein with 400 yards.

The roving:


And the finished yarn:


As you might guess with the tencel component, this has a lovely drape and shine, so I'm thinking a small shawl is in it's future at some point.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...