Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Spinzilla - Day 2

I finished spinning up the singles from the Woodland Nymph batt last night.  Those are ready to be plied today and then I can see what I've got so far for yardage.  I'm very happy this year that Spinzilla rules let me count the plied yardage.  I use singles much more infrequently than plied yarns and this way, I know I will have a finished yarn I'll be more likely to use.


I started spinning my next fiber in the line-up for the week, a gorgeous handpainted Corriedale roving from UrbanGypz - also a well-marinated stash fiber.


I've stripped the roving into lots of very narrow strips, in an attempt to mix up the colors.  So far, I'm loving the dusty purples and sandy browns in my singles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...