Sunday, October 5, 2014

Weekending

As busy as I was this weekend, it's hard to imagine it's Sunday already!

Although I had sort of mentally budgeted multiple days to hit the dye studio this weekend, in reality, Thursday I ran errands all day, and on Friday, my DayJob called and were desperate to have some help on a group of deadline documents, so I wound up working most of the day on Friday.  So yesterday, Saturday, I committed to spending the day working on wholesale yarn orders, which I did - but I was tired and ready to put my feet up by dinnertime.

I got up a bit early before work today and sat with a cup of tea and plied the last skein of the fingering-weight combo spin I showed you on Friday so I could have my wheel completely cleaned off and ready to go for Spinzilla spinning, which started tomorrow.

I am really happy with this spin.  It's a bit outside my normal for fiber choices, but I love the tweedy/heathered yarn I got with this AND I used up more stash fiber, so a win/win.



Technical Specs:
Fiber:  4 oz of a natural moorit brown merino from Natchwoolie, and 4 oz "Wayfarer" batt from FatCatKnits.  My final skeins were a total of 7.4 oz since I had some uneven bobbin action going on.
Ply:  2 ply.
Weight:  Fingering.
Yardage:  709 yards.

The grand plan for this is to knit myself a Wandering the Moor shawl, which I've had queued up for eons.  I need to get a few other deadline projects knit up first, but at some point, I'll get this on the needles.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful yarn! The yarn will be perfect for a shawl like Wandering the Moor.

    ReplyDelete

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...