Sunday, October 19, 2014

Weekending

A mostly quiet weekend as I was a bit under the weather, but I did get quite a bit of knitting done!

I finished up the last tidbits for volume 3 of Legendary Knits and we'll be shooting all those pieces this upcoming Friday.  I'm excited to see these last 8 pieces fit into place - I think they came out really nicely.

I also finished my sample piece for Malabrigo.  I have enough yarn left over that I may do a companion piece if I've got the time, but I'm shooting photos for that the first weekend in November (which is rapidly approaching) and I need to get another piece for that shoot done first as a priority - and I worked pretty steadily on that yesterday.  It's just about half finished but I need to do a bit more charting to get it to the point I can "just" knit on it.

Otherwise, I finished up a book of short stories my dad had sent me and made some really yummy butternut squash soup (with a little creaminess from coconut milk, diluted with a bit of homemade chicken stock, and then spiced up a bit with ginger).  That receipe is definitely going into my "keeper" recipe file as it's dead easy and a nice comfort food.

This week, I start a new contract project for a friend's marketing company (on top of my usual DayJob things), and I need to try to finish up dyeing this big wholesale order I've been working on. Once that's done, I have a new wholesale client in Taos for my yarns, so those will be next on the to-do list.

2 comments:

  1. You have a lot of irons in the fire and they all sound fabulous. Someone in our garden gave me a beautiful butternut squash. I need to try soup as yours sounds super yummy!
    Congrats on your newest volume of Legendary Knits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You accomplish so much in a short time. Wow.
    Congratulations on your new Legendary Knits!

    ReplyDelete

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...