Sunday, October 26, 2014

Weekending

On Thursday, I hopped on a plane to Dallas/Ft. Worth for the final photo shoot for the Legendary Knits collection (volume 3).  Friday a.m., we were up early in nasty rush-hour traffic to meet up at a great little city park for the shoot.  The weather couldn't have been nicer and the light was absolutely brilliant (unlike our last shoot where we fought it every minute).

Despite the fact that travel (even for just a day out and back) kind of sucks the life out of me, I was really SO happy to get a chance to work with Tori (my model) and Kristen (my photographer) to shoot the final set of 8 pieces for this collection.  There's still a lot of behind the scenes and postproduction to get done, but I'll be rolling out individual patterns (with the usual option to prepurchase a print copy along with an ebook copy of all the patterns) between now and the end of the holiday season.

This group of designs was a lot of fun to work on - I can't say I'm completely done forever with the fairy tale and legend theme, but I did feel like these 8 pieces put a nice cap on the other prior releases in a way that pleases my inner OCDness.

All the pieces are women's items this time:  Three shawls (one small/shawlette, one medium, one large sized), a pair of mitts, a hat, a vest and two sweaters.  I can tell you right now the vest is moving into my "wear all the time" layering wardrobe for this fall already!

So if you can stand a little preview, here's a teaser picture from the shoot.  More photos and details to come as the patterns release.


Photo copyright/courtesy of the fabulous Kristen Brooks Photography.

2 comments:

  1. So exciting to be able to get a peek into the photoshoot! Sounds like a lovely if not busy week for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous sneak peak! I do love a good vest.

    ReplyDelete

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...