Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pattern Release: Flower Power Mitts and Cowl

Another pattern release for this week (and I'll have one more on Friday!).  This is the Flower Power Mittens and Cowl set, designed for Malabrigo Quickies program.



Both pieces feature a stylized flower motif worked in stranded knitting technique.  The mittens have a corrugated ribbing at the cuff, and a gusset thumb.  I used Malabrigo's Arroyo, a lovely soft merino sportweight, in Black and English Rose.  (This design definitely benefits from a high contrast between the two yarn colors.)


You can get a pair of mittens and the cowl (or 2 pairs of mittens or 2 cowls) out of one skein of each color, so it's a great gift project for the holidays too!


Many thanks to JS Webb for the photographs, and my lovely model, Erin, who did a fantastic job despite being outside in the pouring rain and cold temps all afternoon for me!

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing all your sekrit knitting come to life! This is a beautiful set!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I don't like knitting mittens, but these are seriously making me reconsider.

    ReplyDelete

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...