Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Weekending

A day late to be sure, but I'm just back from the Kid N Ewe festival in Boerne, Texas (near San Antonio) this weekend.  Three days of vending and about 1750 miles of driving later, and a whirlwind of busy this weekend - I'm ready for a nap.

D was a trooper and did the bulk of the driving to and from, and of course helped me set up.  This is a fun show, held at the fairgrounds in town (indoors), and Boerne itself is a cute little town.  Lots of restaurants and fun shops along Main Street.  This year, we opted to rent a little house, which was a great plan for us.  Since I've got kind of an odd diet these days, it was wonderful to be able to cook for ourselves and to sit around in the a.m. with a cup of tea or coffee before packing a lunch to go vend.

I had a LOT of repeat customers this year - thank you all! - plus a lot of brand-new ones as well.  It was a great excuse to get to see friends from the Austin area, and of course, I also got to vend right next-door to my friend Kelli and her Notable Gnome goodies.  I stocked up on her vegan lip balm and possibly also had a few holiday gifts fall into my bag as well.

A great show, but I'm happy to be home for a while.  Today I'm getting unpacked, doing paperwork, answering emails and generally getting caught up!

1 comment:

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...