Sunday, November 30, 2014

Weekending

D and I have had a nice at-home weekend with my parents visiting for Thanksgiving.  We did a big turkey and all the fixings for Thanksgiving Day, which also meant lots of leftovers - maybe the best part of Thanksgiving!  We've had lovely, almost unseasonably warm weather and lots of sun, so Friday we went up to Taos and had lunch out, walked around the square in town and did some window-shopping, and then headed back home, with a stop at the Black Mesa Winery on the way to pick up a bottle of their great dry rose' to go with dinner.

This weekend, I treated myself to casting on for a shawl project with the handspun I just finished up. Since I missed my Spinning Friday post, here's the update.  I spun up a 2-ply light fingering yarn with 584 yards from my 4 oz of merino/silk roving in the "Bordeaux" colorway from the October Wooly Wonka Handspinner's club fiber.


I have used that to cast on Judy Marples' Amberwell Shawl.  I have 100+ yards more than the original pattern called for so I'm hoping to add to the bottom border and make this piece a bit bigger.  Right now, I've gotten about two-thirds of the way through Chart A and it looks like:


I'm  hoping to get some more knit time this afternoon during football viewing!

1 comment:

  1. That colorway is lovely in both photos. Is the top one more accurate? It looks more bordeaux-y and less berry there...

    ReplyDelete

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...