Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pattern Release: Dryad Hat

The next pattern to be released from Legendary Knits, V3, is my Dryad Hat.

Knit in the round from less than one full skein of fingering weight yarn (my sample used about 250 yards), this design can be blocked as a tam (shown here), or as a slouch.


It features a twisted stitch "tree bark" pattern that moves into a styled leaf pattern at the crown.  Decreases that shape the crown are incoporated into the shaping of the leaves. 


I used a soft merino/cashmere/nylon sock yarn but any fingering weight yarn without too much halo would work for this accessory.  (Which would make a great holiday gift too!).


All photos courtesy of Kristen Brooks Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...