Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pattern Release: Gretel Vest

I almost missed this one from last week with the holiday and some other releases, which would be shame, since I love this design!

This is the Gretel Vest from Legendary Knits v3.


It's knit using Wooly Wonka Artio Sock (50/50 BFL and silk), but would be pretty in any fingering weight yarn that has a nice firm twist and a bit of a shine to it.  Nimue Sock also be a good match.  The vest is covered with Bavarian twisted stitch patterns, and is shaped at the waist by the use of gussets that are hidden within one set of the motifs, for a seamless shaping. 


The front closes with tiny buttons.  I chose some simple coppery-ones to be a subtle contrast to the green.


It works nicely as a casual layer with a tee and jeans, but you can also dress it up a bit with a pretty blouse underneath and a skirt.  I love multiseason knits!

Photos courtesy of Kristen Brooks Photography.

1 comment:

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...