Friday, December 12, 2014

Spinning Friday: Happy Hooves Shetland

I finished spinning up my ear-searing pink Shetland singles last week and got them all plied up on my mini-spinner.  (Where have you been all my life, mini-spinner, for plying?!?!?)


Technical Specs:
Fiber: 4 oz of Shetland roving from Happy Hooves Fiber Club 2012 (which I got in a trade).
Ply: 2-ply.
Weight: Sportweight.
Yardage: 343 yards.

This is a bit outside (okay, a lot outside) my usual moody color choices, but hey! That's a good thing sometimes.  I can't actually see myself wearing it, tho, so I'm going to earmark it for a pair of warm mittens to done to one of the Russian orphanages I've been knitting for this last year.


Next up is the November Wooly Wonka Handspinner's Club fiber, which is a custom blended roving of 60% merino, 35% baby alpaca and 5% glitter in the colorway "Sahara".


No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...