Friday, December 26, 2014

Spinning Friday

This week, I've been spinning a stashdown braid from Two If By Hand.  This is Kaleidoscope on Polwarth (dug out from deep stash).


I decided to spin this up as a 3-ply to blend all those lovely colors together, and to spin this as a fractal.  For bobbin #1, I divided the first third of the roving in half lengthwise; for bobbin #2, I stripped the second third of the roving into 4 lengthwise pieces; and for bobbin #3,  I stripped the final third of the roving into 12 lengthwise pieces.


I finished up the plying on this as well, and wound up with a lovely, warm and squishy DK-weight yarn.

Technical Specs: 
Fiber: 4 oz of Polwarth wool from Two If By Hand
Ply: 3-ply.
Weight:  DK weight.
Yardage: 257 yards/3.5 oz skein.


I'm planning on making a simple hat with it.  I've tentatively got Hoarfrost lined up for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...