Sunday, December 14, 2014

Weekending

I had a very quiet weekend this week - a bit under the weather, but that's a great time to curl up with some knitting. Although it's kind of rare for me these days, I have a bunch of things on the go I worked on.

I cast on for two hats this weekend - the first one to go into the Mittens for Akkol charity box.  Norie is one of my favorite patterns I've knit. It works up quickly, has enough going on to keep you interested, and is a great stashbuster.  I hauled out a skein of MadTosh DK merino weight for this one.  I also cast on for a double-thick watchman's type hat for my DH.  He rarely requests anything knitted, so I was happy to oblige.  I sort of wing this pattern as I go, but I've knit 2 others for him in DK weight yarns, so I snagged one of those and just reverse engineered off that.

I also finished up my Amberwell Shawl.   That's off the needles and blocked.  I wound up having enough yarn to knit 2-3/4 repeats of the Chart B border, and it came out the perfect size, I think: 56" wingspan  x 26" deep at the center back.


I knit this up using a light fingering weight handspun, 80/20 merino/silk from the Wooly Wonka Handspinner's Club fiber from October, colorway Bordeaux.


It's got a lovely drape, is super soft and very warm for it's weight!  I'm really happy with this one and it was FUN not to have to think about stitch counts or anything else and just knit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...