Wednesday, December 24, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Christmas Eve Edition

As the year winds to a close, I'm finishing up some projects at my end so I can start 2015 off with a (relatively) clean slate.

Currently in Sekret Knitting, I've got one final mitt to knit up, which I started Sunday night.  This is a pretty quick knit, so I'll work on it as my in between times project this week and get it done.  I've got a handful of other projects to get cast on, but I'm still working on charting and instructions and the details.

Otherwise, in personal knitting, I'm starting a new project: Hecate Shawl.  This is a wonderful pattern Kirsten Kapur of Through the Loops designed for my Shakespeare in Lace Club a while back, and it's been in my queue ever since.  I decided to riff on the original black/red colorway and go with a multicolored gray and a solid bright orangey-red for my version.  (That's Ceridwen Sock in Tinder (gray) and Little Miss Firecracker (red).)


While the pattern looks very lacey and complex, in fact, it's a fairly straightforward knit, and I'm hoping I get some quality knit-time in during some lulls in family and holiday busy-ness.  I won't likely get this finished in 2014, which actually is perfect, since I want to use it as my Q1 KAL/Stashdown Challenge project for 2015.  (I'm hosting a Wooly Wonka Fibers stashdown/KAL challenge in my group.  If you are looking for some fun KAL time, please take a hop over there, and see if you'd like to join.  Minimal requirements, and we'll have different challenges for the entire year, a new bunch each quarter!).  This project with that bright red definitely will qualify in the "red/orange" category, plus the shawl category, and will likely be a WIP that I carry over into 2015 for that piece of the challenge as well!

And to all my readers - have a VERY Happy Holiday season to close out 2014, with best wishes for a great upcoming 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...