Wednesday, December 31, 2014

WIP Wednesday: New Year's Eve Edition

A few updates on my projects as we head into the new year of 2015!

Sekret Knitting:  While away visiting my folks and D's family (with innumerable hours of travel in between), I cast on for a new shawl and a new sweater.  I worked through perhaps a third of the shawl - I was not happy with the third motif I'm using, so I need to rework that chart and then I can continue along with that project.  I'll probably focus on that for a while and get it finished before tackling the sweater again.  I like to not have too many large design projects on the needles, if I can help it.  I get too distracted.  All my other projects have been finished up and are ready to head to the tech editor.

Personal Knitting:  I'm this close to finishing up the double-layered watchman's cap for D.  He asked for a kind of neutral light "camo color", so I dyed up two skeins of my DK MCN blend (Aerten DK) in a randomly-dyed colorway that appears to satisfy that.  I need to knit 14 more rounds of ribbing and then I can finish up the decreases for the top.   I'm hoping to have this done in the next 24 hours, as he'd like to wear it when walking the dog and it's supposed to be snowing AND brutally cold here for the next 3-4 days.


While traveling, I also cast on my Hecate shawl by Kirsten Kapur of Through the Loops.  I'm using Wooly Wonka Fibers' Ceridwen Sock for this instead of the original organic merino sock weight I dyed up for club members.  I've finished the first section (which is all gray) and started on the alternating stripes section, which I'm about halfway finished.


My hope is to get the hat finished this week, and knit through the striped section of the shawl.

I've got a couple other smaller projects queued up in the wings in the world of personal knitting for early 2015, but I'll share those with you as I get going on them!

A very Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...