Wednesday, December 10, 2014

WIP Wednesday

After my post last week, I thought long and hard about my laceweight project (the Mystic Star shawl), and decided to frog it.  That's done and the yarn is back in stash for now while I think about what it's next life should be.

Still working on the Amberwell Shawl - slowly but surely working my way through the skein of handspun for that.  I've finished two complete repeats of Chart B.  The nice thing about this pattern is that you can stop working Chart B after every fourth row, so you don't have to worry too much about running out of yarn.  I know I've got enough for at least one, probably two, possibly three repeats left before I can get that one off the needles.



I know this will sound crazy, but I decided to start a second set of Hexipuffs.  The first set I am earmarking for a booth display, so I'm using my yarn exclusively, but I have enjoyed having these little tidbits to work on so much, I decided I wanted a lap quilt-sized version too.  So I'm pulling from all my leftover sock-weight yarns and I've started that version as well.



In Sekret Knitting, I'm working busily on my sweater.  Sleeve 1 is now done and I'm halfway done sleeve 2.  My plan is to get that finished this week and get the sleeves joined to the body and start the raglan shaping on this project.  I also cast on for another little stand-alone project for my Yarn Club through the shop.  As per my usual, I wound up frogging it several times, but I think it's on track now to move forward and "just get knit."  That project is also on tap for knit time this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...