Wednesday, December 17, 2014

WIP Wednesday

A mixed bag of fun knit-worthy things for this WIP Wednesday report.

In Sekret Knitting, I've just about finished the sweater for the small winter collection I'll be releasing in early 2015.  Just finishing up the sewing in of ends and attaching buttons, with a nice bath to happen this weekend.  I am about 80% done a separate cowl project I'm working on, and then I've got a simple hat and mitts set to work up, and that little group of things will be done and ready to move on to tech editing and layout.

In personal knitting, I am about 25% thru a Norie Hat. Such a fun little pattern to knit.  I'm using an orphan skein of MadTosh DK in Celadon for my version.  This one will go into the donation box for the Mittens for Akkol charity group when it's done.


I'm also about 25% thru the double-thick watchman's cap I'm knitting for D.  Pretty mindless knitting. I'll work on that a bit this week, but mostly in between other things.

One of the things I'm focused on for 2015 is to knit down some of my stash - and with that, I've been queing up projects to knit that can use up bits and bobs of things, or those lone, orphan skeins I've got in stash that need to have a purpose in life.  Having had a pretty intensive knitting year in 2014 with new designs (and y'all haven't even seen the 20+ pieces in my Interweave book - although I got contact sheets of the photo shoot a few weeks ago and they came out BEAUTIFULLY!), while I'm working on new designs for 2015, I'm going to definitely try to get a little balanced relaxation knitting in there as well and see if I can empty out a few stash bins in the process.

1 comment:

  1. You are a generous knitter. The hat looks soft, cozy and warm!

    ReplyDelete

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...