Monday, January 26, 2015

Finished Project: Hecate Shawl

This weekend, I finished up my Hecate Shawl, another fun-to-knit pattern from Kirsten Kapur at Through the Loops.


I used Wooly Wonka Fibers Ceridwen Sock.  The gray is a subtle multicolor, "Tinder", and the red is "Little Miss Firecracker".  Definitely colors outside my usual palette choices, but I like them together in this pattern a lot!  I am fairly sure I've got enough yarn left over to knit a pair of 2-color socks as well - I'll weigh my skeins tonight to be sure of that.


The pattern is not hard to work at all if you have some chart-reading experience.  It's got enough interesting things happening that you don't get bored with it and on size 7 needles it moves along pretty quickly! I blocked mine fairly briskly to open up the lace patterning on it and I quite like how it looks.  I'll be popping this one into a donation box.

And with that... I actually have no personal projects on the needles right now!  I'm hankering to cast on some handspun mittens next though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...