Sunday, February 22, 2015

Weekending

A weekend of some weather changes for us - Friday was gorgeous, sunny and warm.  The winds picked up on Saturday and there was a definite chill in the air.  We woke up this morning to more wind and off-and-on spitting snow/rain/sneet.  We've been spoiled by all the gorgeous spring-like weather we've been having!

I did manage to sneak in a photo shoot for two clients this weekend for my new venture with Elizabeth Green Musselman and Stitch Definition.  While it was cold and a bit gray out, we managed to get everything done before it started spitting rain.  I have to make a huge shout-out to my model, Ashley, who filled in at the last minute for us when my originally scheduled model woke up sick on Saturday a.m.  I'm excited to see the final post-production photographs from this batch!

Otherwise, I worked on lots of dyeing this weekend, knit quite a bit on some Sekret projects, and I finished up my Portland Mittens as well.


I made a few mods to the pattern since a lot of the project pages on Ravelry had indicated these came out pretty big.  I dropped down a needle size for both the cuffs and the mittens themselves.  I dropped off a half-repeat of the stitch pattern before starting the decreases at the top as well.  Post-blocking, they wound up measuring10" from cuff to tip, and 8 3/4" hand circumference, so they are still on the large size, but at least not huge.  These are another Mittens for Akkol donation, and since the kids had specifically requested mittens for layering, I think these will work just fine as an outer layer.

They are knit from 2 colors (the original pattern called for 3), of Lite-Lopi I had in stash, so I'm really happy to have 2 more skeins gone from storage bins in the great 2015 Stashdown Project.  (I still have 2 skeins left, one of each color, and I may just make some basic striped mitts with those.... at some point.)

For the rest of today, after I'm done work, we're planning on having the fire going, making a nice slow-cooker dinner, and just hanging out this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...