Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Pattern Release: Kellygnow Shawl

My partner at Stitch Definition, Elizabeth Green-Musselman of Dark Matter Knits, and I had the opportunity to work with the wonderful Kim at The Woolen Rabbit.  Kim has some upcoming spring shows and wanted to garner a bit of new pattern support for some of her gorgeous yarn.  She sent each of us a couple of skeins of her Opal yarn (merino, silk, cashmere) to work with.

I designed the Kellygnow Shawl from my two skeins of Opal fingering-weight.  This is a Faroese-type shawl with a center back panel of leaves, flanked by two side panels of woodland and leaf motifs, and a knit-on border reminiscent of a rocky stream.



I loved how the two colorways Kim sent complemented each other with all those beautiful greens!


Elizabeth worked up the Bettina Cowl and Mitts set using Sporty Opal which is the slightly heavier sportweight version.


The cowl can be worn in several different ways - wrapped and buttoned (shown above), buttoned, but left loose (as below), and unbuttoned to wear as a scarf.


The mitts have a really pretty detail running down the inside of the wrist and onto the thumb of little lace leaves.


If you were at SPA this past weekend, you hopefully got a chance to see these pretty pieces on display in Kim's booth!

Many thanks to my photographer, Josh Webb, and our model, Ashley (who filled in last minute on a Saturday morning when my original model woke up with the flu!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...