Sunday, March 1, 2015

Weekending

We had actual winter this weekend!  And I know everyone on the east coast and particularly in the northeast is very very tired of winter, but we really need snow.  We've been in a drought for the last several years and March begins our windy season which morphs into fire season, but the more moisture we get now, the less risk of fires.


Of course, in the way things go, my MIL is here for a visit and she lives in the southern part of the US, where she sees snow about once every other decade, and while we assured her we normally have sunny weather (and it has been sunny and in the 60s!), it very much was not this weekend. It's been overcast, snowing or sneeting, and cold the entire time she's been here.  It was bad enough on the roads yesterday that I opted not to make the 2-hour drive up to Taos for a book signing - I probably could have gotten there, but coming home through the gorge in the late afternoon wasn't looking very good.

So we wound up staying here and doing things around the house.  I worked in my studio for several hours, started some new knitting projects. We watched The Theory of Everything last night, which was excellent.  (It's the story of renowned physicist Stephen Hawking and his wife, Jane, and their life together.)  Easy to see why Eddie Redmayne won an Oscar for his portrayal of Hawking.

Tonight we are going to try to go out to dinner and then my MIL leaves for home tomorrow morning. A busy week ahead..... D leaves at the end of the week to go pick up his new puppy as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...