Friday, June 12, 2015

Spinning Friday: June 12, 2015

I have a finished spin to share this week!  The last Spinning Friday post showed the FatCatKnits merino/tencel "Splash" fingering weight I spun up.  I wanted a complementary color to go with it for a 2-color shawl, so I dyed myself up 4 ounces in the "Serpent" colorway on a matching fiber base.


I didn't do much to prep this lovely fiber blend - just divided the braid in half lengthwise, and then spun end-to-end.


Technical Specs:
Roving:  4 oz of 60/40 merino/tencel roving in the "Serpent" colorway from Wooly Wonka Fibers.
Ply:  2-ply.
Weight:  Fingering.
Yardage: 382 yards/4 oz.

I'm currently knitting up Kirsten's Through The Loops Mystery KAL shawl right now, but this project will be next on my personal knitting list once I've finished that. 

Next up on the wheel, I'm working on a 3-ply sock yarn with a BFL/silk roving that I dyed in the "Wine Country" colorway.  Details on that next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...