Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tour de Fleece 2015: Day 10

While today was officially a rest day, I went ahead and spun since I had taken a day off on Friday.  I started my FatCatKnits shetland wool/silk roving in the colorway "Grotto".

I'm spinning this up as a fractal spin, so right now, I'm spinning half of the braid end-to-end to get long color stripes.


This is close to an ounce of the singles spun up so far.  I'll split the other half into narrow strips so I get shorter color runs for the second bobbin.  I think this blend is one of my new favorites.  We'll see how it acts post-plying and a bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...