Monday, July 13, 2015

Tour de Fleece 2015: Day 9

And then I plied.   This finished up my Dragons roving into a finished skein that I'm in love with!


Technical Specs:
Roving:  Wooly Wonka Fibers custom-blended roving in the Dragons colorway, a blend of dyed Blue-faced Leicester, silk and glitter.
Ply: 2-ply.
Weight: Light fingering.
Yardage: 481 yards/4.7 oz.


I spun the singles up with a short backward draft/woolen technique.  I slightly underplied the singles, as I wanted this to be nice and drapey for a lace shawl project (TBD, but I know that's what I want to make with this).  I am not normally a red fan, but I love the gold sparkle in this and the bits of moody-broody almost-black/burnt red that are lurking under the brighter reds in this.

I'm halfway through the fiber I had earmarked for the Tour!  Although today (Monday, the 13th) if officially a rest day, I'll be spinning today since I took Friday off.  I'll be starting the FatCatKnits shetland wool/silk blend today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...