Wednesday, August 26, 2015

WIP Wednesday: August 26, 2015

Sekret Knitting:

  • Super happy!  I finished up my Mina Jacket for Spirit Trail Fiberworks.  Photo shoot this Saturday, and the draft is with my TE and my tester can tackle her version shortly.  Feels good to get this deadline project off my plate and it came out beautifully.
  • Next on the deadline list is the cardigan for Bare Naked Wools.  I'm knitting this up in the fingering weight Stone Soup, a yoke-neck patterned cardigan using several of the yummy natural colors this yarn comes in.  I've got the body done up to the armpits, and I've finished sleeve #1 and joined that to the body.  I'm working on sleeve 2 this week and I'd like to have that finished to point I can start the yoke next week. 
  • I'm also working on a shawl project for an Interweave collaboration book - this one is on the needles and I'm working on it as I fit in bits and bobs of free time.
Personal Knitting:
I actually have something finished!  Go me!  This is my 3S Shawl (a free pattern on Ravelry).  I knit this up as a show sample for the Salida Fiber Festival in 2 weeks out one skein of my Arianrhod Sock in the gradiant colorway "Hollyhocks" (new for the show).


I think this is one of my all-time favorite colorways and the skein worked perfectly for a nicely sized single-skein shawl.


I added in a row of eyelets every 10 rows of garter stitch and then I did a picot bind-off, as I like how that edging looks and it allowed me to get a little scalloped edge action going, which I also love. 


Come visit in the booth if you'll be attending Salida and you can see this one in person for yourself!  (I'll have this colorway  available then as well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...