Thursday, October 8, 2015

Pattern Releases

I have a metric tonnage of catching up to do with pattern releases now that Free Spirit Knits has gone live, so I'm devoting a post solely to new designs today.  Grab a seat and some nice fall-themed beverage - I've got a bunch.

First up, my newest stand-alone release is my Mina Jacket, which is knit from the lovely Brigantia yarn from Spirit Trail Fibers.  This fitted jacket has a large cable panel up the back with integrated waist shaping, a relatively plain front with just a small cable at the front openings, and then a textured/cabled pattern for the set-in sleeves.  You can opt to make it with or without the front waist/bust shaping, but I like as a trim little layering piece for fall.  You can see this beauty in person in Jen's booth at Rhinebeck this year!



Next up are the currently released patterns from Free Spirit Knits, which is now available both via Amazon and via Interweave.  (Interweave's site has a downloadable ebook available, as well as the print version.  Links to both Amazon and Interweave sites in the individual pattern links to follow).

I just released the Saguaro Blossom Hat, knit from less than 200 yards of worsted weight yarn with a fun cabled pattern on the top reminiscent of the large night-blooming flowers of the saguaro cacti in Arizona.


Then there's the Three Sisters Shawl, knit with Lucent fingering weight from my friend, Kim at The Woolen Rabbit.  This is a great lace project to keep you occupied this fall.  Several fun lace stitch patterns for the body, and a knit-on cable and lace border.


If you are looking for a slightly smaller lace shawl, I've also got my Tres Flores Shawl available. This one is knit from 3 herby-green shades of Jamieson and Smith's jumperweight wool, but it would be lovely in a solid color, or even knit up with a gradient!


I've also released the pattern for the Petroglyph Socks, knit from the wonderfully soft and warm sock yarn blend from my friend, Terry, at Snowshoe Farm Alpacas in Vermont.  These are sized for both men and women, and would be a great project to start now and gift over the holidays.


Finally, my Aspens Cardigan, which is here just in time for fall leaf season in the mountains.  One of my favorites in the book, as well as the cover image, this fingering-weight project has leaf lace motifs in a large center panel on the back, as well as trimming the front bands and centered on the sleeves.  Knit from Brooklyn Tweed's Loft, it's a wonderful season-spanning wardrobe builder.


Whew!  That's a whole lotta knits to review at once.  More to come as I have another 12 patterns to release from The Book, as well as several more stand-alones to roll out in the next month!


No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...