Wednesday, October 21, 2015

WIP Wednesday: October 21, 2015

Sekret Knitting:

  • I finished up the sample shawl for my #1 deadline project.  That's been TE'ed and my tester is on the last section, so it will be ready to forward on to the yarn company shortly.  Woot!
  • I am still working on my DK-weight lace and cable sweater sample in the meantime - that doesn't have a specific deadline, but I'm picking it up as I have time right now. 
  • I have another short deadline project that was accepted, but I'm currently waiting on yarn for that.  When it arrives, that'll bump to the top of the to-do list for a bit.
  • I have committed to going to Stitches West in February, so I've been brainstorming some kits and 2-skein-size patterns to take for that.  I have been really enjoying my new DK-weight superwash merino yarn, so I decided to start a 2-color, slip-stitch cowl with that, using 1 skein of a handpaint and 1 skein of a tonal dye.  It's knitting up fast!  (Here's a little sneak peek....)

I plan to have it worked up in a long, wrapable size, and a smaller single wrap version too.

Personal Knitting:  Nothing going on here - nor in my sewing this week.  I was a bit under the weather this past weekend, so I just worked on deadline knitting projects and a few swatches.  More to come as I'm solo this weekend - D and Lizzie are headed out for a camping trip up north for 3 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...