Wednesday, November 25, 2015

WIP Wednesday: November 25, 2015

Sekret Knitting:

  • I'm in the home stretch on the first Heroines Club Shawl pattern for 2016.  I have a couple more hours of knitting time to put in on it, and it'll be done and ready to head off for tech editing/testing.  I'm looking forward to sending this one out into the world - it's a really fun set of gradients!
  • The yarn just arrived yesterday for the next deadline project, which will be a fair isle/stranded knitting garment.  Lots of knitting to do on that with a pretty short deadline, so I'll be focused on that for the next couple of weeks. 
  • Waiting on yarn for 2 other deadline projects that got accepted for Fall 2016 publications - one is small-ish and the other is a men's garment, so I have plenty on the deadline knitting front to keep me busy for a while. 

Personal Knitting: 
  • Because I suffer heartily from the Cobbler's Wife syndrome (as in... I knit constantly, and hardly ever have knitwear to wear myself), and I needed a new hat, I cast on for a Felicity Hat in some of my oldest stashed handspun yarn.  This is a blend of wool and mohair (60/40 maybe?) in the Winter Dawn colorway, which is kind of a dusty mauve/purple colors.  When I purchased it, or even when I spun it, is lost in the mists of time - it's VERY well-aged stash.  It was sometime pre-Ravelry and it's been waiting for a project. 
  • I haven't made any further progress on it, but just to show an updated picture of my Mesa Verde shawl, here it is.  I've got another repeat and a half to do to finish it up and may work on this a bit over the holiday weekend if I have some spare knitting minutes. 

I've got a bad case of startitis right now.  I suppose that's what one does when faced with mountains of deadline knitting?  I'm trying valiantly to suppress the urge to cast on new quickie projects - that's what I've been in the mood to knit right now (and maybe a fallout from a lot of larger deadline projects?).  I also have 2 WIPs, which is a rare occurrence for me.  One is the mystery shawl from Kirsten Kapur from this summer.  I think I have clues 4, 5 and 6 left to knit.  The other is a pair of socks which I've gotten as far as the cuff and maybe 1-1/2" down the leg on.  Both of these are holdovers from many months ago - like last spring (socks) and summer (shawl).  I generally don't like to leave things on the needles this long.  I am strongly considering frogging the socks and starting over with something else.  I'd like to finish the shawl, but I may have to wait a bit on that and try to work on it after December 20th when I'll need to have 2 of the 3 deadline projects (other than the Heroines shawl), finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...