Wednesday, December 30, 2015

WIP Wednesday: December 30, 2015

Capping off the year with one final WIP Wednesday post!

Sekret Knitting:

  • Sweater #1: Finished sleeve #1 and started the body.  I'm going to try to get it finished up to the armhole shaping over the course of the next week.  It's kind of slow going as it's fingering weight and on size 2 needles, but I'm going to give it a shot!
  • Sweater #2: I won't start this one until I've got at least one of the other sweaters done and off the needles.
  • Sweater #3: I'm an inch away from finishing the body up to the armholes.  My plan is to get that up to the armholes and then cast on for sleeve #1.
Personal Knitting:
  • I'm still knitting up several self-striping colorways.  I'll have pictures of some of those next week.  I'm suffering badly from second-sock syndrome in that I want to have as many colorways knit up as I can, so I'm knitting sock #1 and then jumping ahead to another colorway.  Hopefully will have some time to get caught up on the mates to these over the next month or so. 
  • On New Year's Eve, I'll be casting on Jen Lucas's Hogmanay Shawl out of handspun as the first project in the 2016 Handspun KAL I'm hosting.   I'll be using the fingering-weight "Sari" 2-ply I spun up earlier this year for this one.  I'm looking forward to having an excuse to knit with my handspun in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...