Thursday, January 21, 2016

WIP Wednesday: January 20, 2016

Sekret Knitting:

  • Sweater #1: The sample is done!  It's blocked, all the ends are woven in and it's finished.  I just have some number wrassling to finish up and the schematic, and it'll be ready to head off.
  • Sweater #2:  Sleeve #1 is done and I've started sleeve #2.  My hope is to get the second sleeve done no later than Friday and then I can join the body together with the sleeves and knit for the finish line.  Would REALLY like to have this one accomplished by the end of January. 
  • Sweater #3:  Swatching for this.  It's mostly stockinette but a new-to-me yarn, so I want to make sure I'm spot on for gauge as I think this one may wind up drooping a bit when worn (lots of alpaca).
Personal Knitting:
  • Still working on my Hogmanay handspun shawl.  I am halfway through the 12th pattern repeat - with 16 repeats written into the pattern. I'm 99% sure I'll have enough yardage to get in a 17th repeat, but I want to try to get a few more repeats finished before I decide that's truly the case.  My goal is to finish this up by the end of the month too. 
  • Striped plain-vanilla socks!  Working on lots of samples of these so I can have multiple colorways to take with me to Stitches West in a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...