Wednesday, March 9, 2016

WIP Wednesday: March 9, 2016

And here's what I'm working on this week!

Sekret Knitting:

  • More by the skin of my teeth than I'd like, I got the final magazine deadline project out the door.  (And no, it wasn't overnighted but I have issues about paying the Post Office a gazillion dollars to ship something, so I just power knitted for 2 days and shipped it out Thursday a.m. so it would arrive Monday via regular Priority Mail.)  Whew!
  • I've moved onto a design I'm working up for Jen at Spirit Trail Fiberworks for her booth at Maryland Sheep and Wool.  While I can't share the design details with you, I can show you the fantastic colorway she sent me to work with.  This is on her Sunna fingering weight, which is a 75/15/10 blend of superwash merino/cashmere/bombyx silk.  She will have some of this colorway (Angel's Trumpet) up on the website shortly if you don't have plans to attend Maryland and want to pick some up.  It's a seriously beautiful yarn and I'm thrilled with the design so far.  This will be a summer/warm weather garment, with a bit of lace and minimal finishing that you can toss on for all sorts of occasions.  I'm just about finished all the upper portion of the bodice and I'm ready to start the lacey bits.  My plan is to have the sample finished by March 18th, so I'm focusing primarily on this right now. 


  • Next in the design queue will be the Heroines shawl for May 1st.  I've got the yarn dyed for my sample and have the basic construction plotted out.  I need to tweak charting before I start knitting, but that'll be my focus project for the end of March. 
Personal Knitting:
  • I'm still working on the sample sock(s) for the self-striping colorway for April.  I should have the first sock finished up at least in time for my podcast next week.
  • And I cast on Kirsten Kapur/Through the Loops gorgeous Seastripes shawl pattern.  I'm knitting this with a handspun gradient that I spun last year with fiber from Hilltop Cloud.  I'm a wee bit farther along than this picture shows, but still working on the garter stitch section at the top of the shawl and just enjoying the knit.  I'm saving this as a relaxing and fun project for weekend knitting, so no real goals or timeframe on it.  I'll just work on it over the course of the month and see how far I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...