Friday, September 29, 2017

Knitting Friday - September 29, 2017

October is almost here!  And I thought it might be time to get back into the swing of knitting/spinning blogging.  (Better late than never, right?)

I'm hosting a Socktober craftalong over in my Ravelry group.  Any pattern, any yarn is welcome as long as it's socks!  I'm going to be casting on a pair of Gravel socks using Wooly Wonka Beryl Sock on Sunday to kick off the event.  I'm using a skein of Under the Cherry Tree which is kind of a departure for me since I usually like plainer socks, but I love the colorway and thought these would be fun.


I've also been working on the Bailey Cardigan; pattern by Amy Christoffers.  I've gotten all of the knitting done and seamed up the body.  I need to knit and attach the pockets and finish the I-cord edging on the front edges and cuffs but I'm hoping to finish that up this weekend.


This was a stashbuster project as I'm trying to get my yarn and fiber stash down to more mangeable levels.  To that end, I reorganized the stash over the last week, pulled some things out for giveaway-ing, and repacked/reordered bins to tidy things up.  I have a LOT of sock yarn I need to make use of, as well as a bunch of sweater lots of things I'd also like to get knit up into actual wearable garments.  In reorganizing, I didn't realize (but I do now!) how MUCH 2-ply jumperweight/fingering yarn I have for colorwork projects, so I think 2018 may be the year of stranded knitting to try to use up a bunch of what I've got.  I earmarked several Alice Starmore patterns that I want to work up, so I may tackle one of those next.

I did also get back into my spinning groove this week, but I just finished plying up a small skein and I need to work on the companion skein to go with it, so I'll wait and share those next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...