Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Knitting Wednesday: January 3, 2018

I'm really going to try to make sure I do more scheduled posts here on the blog in 2018!  (Giving myself permission to slide a bit when I'm on travel but otherwise, I'll attempt to be better about posting here.)

This week, I'm working on a few different knit projects:


  • I'm in the home stretch on the contract design sweater I've been working on for what seems like ForEVER. The plan is to finish that up this week.  I ordered and received the buttons I need to fully finish it post-blocking, and it'd be really nice to have that off my plate. 

  • I am hosting a year-long craftalong over in my Ravelry Group - Wooly Wonkapalooza 2018.  Each month we'll have a different set of prompts to try to motivate everyone (me included!) to get some crafting done - spinning, knitting, crocheting are all fair game.  January's prompts are lace projects and/or gray.  I've opted to cast on Veera Valimaki's Bolt Shawl in Aerten Sock in Chimney Sweep and Soot.  Just a small start on this, but it's a start!


On deck, I've got new designs to work on for Filament magazine's spring collection.  I've got yarn in hand for 2 of those, and another project's worth en route, so I'll have plenty to keep my needles busy.  I think the first thing I'll likely tackle is a colorwork set - I've got basic charting done on that and I'll be able to cast on once I take a look at some gauge numbers. 

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...